An interview with Andy’s Man Club.
It’s International Men’s Day 2022 and here at Bluefin SUP we know how important it is to raise awareness of Men’s well-being. The main objectives of International Men’s Day are:
The 6 Pillars of International Men’s Day
- To promote positive male role models; not just movie stars and sports men but every day, working class men who are living decent, honest lives.
- To celebrate men’s positive contributions to society, community, family, marriage, child care, and to the environment.
- To focus on men’s health and wellbeing; social, emotional, physical and spiritual.
- To highlight discrimination against men; in areas of social services, social attitudes and expectations, and law
- To improve gender relations and promote gender equality
- To create a safer, better world; where people can be safe and grow to reach their full potential..
With it being International Men’s day 2022, we want to highlight Andy’s Man Club, which was founded in 2016 by Luke Ambler and his family after the tragic death of his brother-in-law Andy, who they lost without warning to suicide at just 23 years old. One of the contributing factors is thought to be that men don’t talk enough about their problems or how they’re feeling.
Today, Andy’s Man Club runs in over 60 locations across the UK, offering sessions encouraging talking, listening, sharing, and learning, with no obligation to do anything the attendee isn’t comfortable with.
Luke is keen for us to recognise the signs of ill mental health and to take positive steps to overcome it. He visited Bluefin HQ earlier this year and had this to say:
View this post on Instagram
You can find details of Andy’s Man Club and your nearest group at: https://andysmanclub.co.uk/
To find out more about International Men’s Day 2022: https://internationalmensday.com/