Inflatable Paddle boards – All about Storage
One of the best parts of having an inflatable paddleboard is not only is it easy to transport, iSUPs are very easy to store. We are often asked, “Can I store my SUP inflated?” – the quick answer to this question is yes. You can store iSUPs inflated, but you do need to maintain your inflatable paddle board to keep it in tip-top condition! We have compiled some tips below on how to best store your iSUP.
Whether you are storing your inflatable paddle board still inflated or rolled up, you need to ensure that the paddle board is dry and clean before storage. If you use your Bluefin iSUP in salt water, make sure it is washed down with fresh water after each use. Also, if rolling the paddleboard, make sure that there is no water around the pump area as this may mean that water will get into the board whilst it is stored. We would recommend that before storing your board, you check it is clean and dry.
Here are a few tips for storing your inflatable paddle board whilst still inflated:
- Make sure you store your iSUP out of direct sunlight. If your iSUP gets too hot the air may expand, potentially causing damage to your paddleboard.
- The paddleboard will stay inflated, but may slightly decrease in pressure over time. Make sure you top your iSUP up before heading out on the water
- If you are storing your Bluefin inflatable paddle board outside make sure it is raised off the ground and covered to prevent sun exposure.
Storing Rolled Up
- If you are storing your Bluefin iSUP for a long time, we recommend storing it rolled up.
- Store your deflated paddleboard in your Bluefin carry-bag to keep it looking new
- Ensure you paddle board is completely dry and grit/salt free before rolling.
- To make sure you have rolled your paddle board correctly have a read of our rolling tips below.
How to Deflate and Roll Up your Inflatable Paddle Board
- Open the valve cover on your paddleboard
- Press slightly on the pushpin inside the valve with your finger tip to release some air pressure
- Press the valve in completely and turn the pushpin in either direction, locking it in the open position.
- Then, start rolling the board from the rear.
- Use the straps included to secure
Check out our iSUPs here: https://stand-up-paddle-board.net/
Got a question? Contact us at: email@example.com
Want to know how we fair against the competition? Check out the 2018 iSUP reviews: sup-test.org